Monday, May 4, 2009

time to move on......... from P

I feel blessed - for many reasons: That I was able to be at Dad's bedside when he died. That I have a great family, and an understanding and supportive wife. That I have friends that let me jump aboard and help crew for the Friday afternoon regatta, then drink too much beer and swap racing stories. I am deeply grateful for the love and support I have felt from friends and family over the past two weeks. Now, after a week of intensive work on setting up the necessary arrangements to settle Dad's modest estate, its time for K and I to catch a plane back to the Keys. It was incredible to see the azaleas and dogwoods in full bloom here at home, but I can hardly wait to again feel the heat of the intense south Florida sun and the spray of Senara's bow wave. We will set sail Thursday from Boot Key Harbor in Marathon and head north toward home. It will take us about a month under normal circumstances (no sooner I hope). I know that when I get home, my life will have changed forever. A sailing journey up and down the coast, the prospects of a new career, and the passing of my Dad. It has been quite a year. But for now, I still have a lot of sailing to do and a bunch of ports to call on that we missed on the way down. Let's get underway.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"A good glass, a good lass, a good ship, and a star to sail her by..." May your journey home present you with each day starting with the most remarkable sunrises, your sails be filled with exhilarating tailwinds, cocktails to toast the most glorious sunset than the days before, and each night the stars and planets putting on a show in the heavens to end each day. Safe journey my friends! I wish you Godspeed.