Saturday, May 23, 2009

over half way ......... from P

Kids and dogs on docks, jet skis everywhere, teens running their dads' boats too fast - ah yes - it must be Memorial Day weekend. We just passed through Charleston Harbor and up through Isle of Palms on the ICW. I remember how they feel. The adults have been working too many hours, the kids have caught spring fever, and everyone is almost wild with excitement over a long weekend with great weather. My hand is tired from smiling and waving at them. Meanwhile I am thinking "..... I only get to live this lifestyle for another 10 or 12 days...." Charleston is about half way home from Miami; well over half way from Key West! So we are entering that disconcerting part of the trip where we can actually look at the calendar and plan likely dates of arrival. Oh well, I should feel fortunate that my long weekend has another 10 or 12 days left.

No comments: