Tuesday, March 31, 2009

fish on!! ........... from P

It was one of those days I will never forget. I had planned on C and I going out on the local "head boat" here in KW to bottom fish on the reef for a half day. Well..... as always, C had bigger ideas. I found myself on a big off-shore fishing charter boat, trolling with five lines strung on outriggers in the Gulf Stream! Incredible. It was a perfect day. Tom the bait man (1989 graduate of Cox High in Va. Beach) was more like an offshore fishing guide, coaching us on how to land the big ones. I got lucky and landed a 32.5 lb Wahoo - Tom said it was the biggest Wahoo they have caught this year. Our little boat freezer is now packed full of Wahoo steaks - yesss! C caught a nice King Mackeral, Bonita and a Barracuda. We snapped a few pics below to tell the story. Right now we are prepping the boat for a sail to the Marquesas Islands, then out to the Dry Tortugas tomorrow.




C engaged in the fight!
















C's Bonita. A very pretty fish that you cannot eat. So he got to go swimming again.











It's a big one - what do I do Tom ?!!! What do I do ???












A little too eager to taste my 32 pound Wahoo.

No comments: