Saturday, March 28, 2009

C is in the air! .............. from P

I really didn't think he would do it. But he cannot turn back now. My older brother, C, is on the plane right now, on the way to Key West. Our job was to just get to the marina - not as easy as it sounds. Today was the twelfth straight day of high winds and high seas, but we crashed and rolled through the 35 mile sail today in record time. Once again, we only flew a reefed jib sail, but my GPS showed groundspeeds between 6.7 and 8.1 knots. It was great! So we are now tied up in Conch Harbor Marina, back in good ol' KW.

I am really looking forward to spending time with C. We have not spent a long stretch of time together since the early 1980s when I lived with him and his family for six months or so in Maryland. Now he is going to be stuck on the boat with us for 10 days! We are planning a long sail out to the Dry Tortugas, approximately 70 miles out from Key West. Primitive islands. Sandy beach. Crystal clear water. Good fishing. The forecast calls for tamer winds, calmer seas. If that holds true, we are going. If not, we will sail around in the Keys. K says she can't wait to relinquish her first mate duties to C. Hmmmm, I am not so sure. She is getting to be a pretty good first mate. Plus, she lets me be the captain.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You guys have fun...I'm green with envy!!