Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wilson's cousin .......... from P

I had been alone on the boat for a good while. Until this past Friday. Now I have Harry on board to talk to. I rescued him from the water while motoring around the Pompano Beach area in the dinghy. Harry is a very good listener. He agreed that we should jump outside at Ft. Lauderdale and sail in the ocean, along the beach to Miami yesterday. No need to risk trying to get under a 56 foot bridge south of Ft. Lauderdale on the ICW with a 55 foot mast. I would rather not scrape off the anemometer and the VHF antenna up there. Besides, the ocean was calm yesterday, and the forecast calls for 4 to 6 foot seas here on Monday and Tuesday. So Harry agreed yesterday was the day to go. We are now anchored with what must be 100 other boats in Miami harbor just across the causeway from the cruise ships where last night we saw the best lighted boat parade I have ever seen! One of the boats had a latin disco theme complete with dance floor lights and dry ice effects. They were more like parade floats than lighted boats.

I am very excited to have my daughter #2 (H) join me today! She is on Christmas break and caught a ride with K's sister (Kathy) for the 14 hour drive down from K's parents' home. K remained behind to help her dad during his recovery for a while longer. This morning, Kathy has to get back in the car and bring H down from Orlando to catch up with Harry and me. I am very much looking forward to sailing south to Homestead with H! I am also looking forward to having a two-way conversation.
Harry at the helm.
Catching rays in Miami.

3 comments:

Randi Jo :) said...

lol that was a funny post :) glad u will have someBODY with u soon :)

Senara said...

P - Hang in there, Baby! I'll be back soon - K

JohnATR said...

Hi uncle P can't wait to see you all and Senara and meet Harry. Harry has alot more hair and a better tan than his cousin Willson. Sounds like you will be in the keys for awhile good I need to run my boat it has been sitting to long. See you soon. John