Thursday, June 5, 2008

counting down..................................from P

The date is set. We will cast off her lines and start our adventure northward on July 9th. It feels real now. I know what needs to be done for her to be ready, and I think we can manage the remaining list between now and the 9th. We are sooooo looking forward to getting underway. Thankfully I have been able to scratch the sailing itch with fun weekend cruises (and races) with friends. On Memorial day weekend we kicked off summer by sailing up to the Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg with three other boats and just had a fabulous time enjoying the resort and sleeping aboard. I learned a few more things about Senara that I need to tweak for our extended trip, but mostly I learned that K and I are ready. Ready to go, and go, and go. Come on July!

1 comment:

C.C. said...

Yay!!! Congratulations you two! Will you be up this way before July 27? We could meet up with you at Occoquon or Alexandria.